Who doesn’t love pizza? But many of us deny ourselves this delightful treat, believing it’s too fat- and calorie-laden. You can have pizza that’s both delicious and good for you.
Chef Anthony Stewart from Pritikin Longevity Center offers us this mouthwatering recipe for Ricotta and Spinach Pizzas.
Steward, who specializes in creating healthy recipes, has won five gold medals in top culinary competitions, for his masterful use of foodstuffs like fresh seafood and tropical fruit from his native Jamaica. When not in the kitchen, he’s in the classroom, and has inspired thousands of Pritikin guests “to have some fun www.pritikin.com!!”
• ¼ cup chopped garlic
• ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
• 2 pounds fresh spinach
• ½ teaspoon Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning *
• 1 pound fat-free ricotta cheese
• Whole wheat pizza crust
• In a medium-hot skillet, sauté garlic and shallots until translucent.
• Add spinach, stirring until the spinach breaks down.
• Remove from heat. Let cool. Drain liquid by squeezing through a strainer.
• Mix in Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning and fat-free ricotta cheese.
• Spread over whole wheat pizza crust and add any additional vegetables.
• Bake at 450 degrees until crust is crunchy (about 8 minutes).
• Serve immediately.
* Make your own Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning by blending granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika. Or purchase our chefs’ Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning, made in the kitchen at the Pritikin Longevity Center.