Editor’s Note: RFT’s Ski & Dive Editor Yvette Cardozo traveled to the tropical paradise of Kosrae to dive and take in all the wonders of this little-known Pacific oasis, including the food. Check out her story about her Kosrae adventure.
Fish recipes in Kosrae tend to be simple … some greens, some heat, a plate. The creamy lime dressing is what sets all that apart. I wound up eating the following crab salad three nights in a row I liked it that much.
Recipe courtesy Kosrae Village Ecolodge & Dive Resort www.kosraevillage.com
Salad base per serving:
* two cups of greens – leaf cabbage, romaine lettuce, spinach leaves or any other leafy green, torn into small bits.
* one hard boiled egg, quartered and placed on the outside edges of the salad
* sliced cucumber
* sliced tomato
* about 2 tablespoons diced red onion
* 4 ounces of crab meat placed on top of the greens
Serve with creamy lime dressing on the side:
* 3 tsp lime juice
* 1 raw egg (use pasteurized eggs if you are concerned about safety)
* 1/4 tsp mustard
Process above ingredients 15 seconds in blender or food processor
Add 1 cup mild oil (eg: corn, canola) very slowly to spinning blender
After dressing is thick, slowly add to the mix in the blender and continue blending:
* 1 dill pickle
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp white pepper
* 1/4 tsp hot sauce
Read all about Yvette’s diving and foodie adventure in the Micronesian paradise of Kosrae.