This is a healthy and easy-does-it recipe from our friends at WearEver. The recipe is quick—perfect for a busy work night or during the crazy holiday season. The addition of lemon zest and an anchovy fillet gives a nice tang to the natural sweetness of the shrimp. You can adjust the heat to your taste with hot pepper flakes, but take care as the delicately-flavored shrimp can be easily overwhelmed.
WearEver suggests cooking this recipe in their 12” Pure Living Fry Pan that’s coated with ceramic, which gives the quick release of non-stick without the PTOA, PTFE, cadmium and lead used in making traditional non-stick pans. We tested this ceramic pan and loved it. Check out our review of WearEver’s Pure Living Ceramic Fry Pan.
Recipe courtesy of WearEver. www.wearever.com
• 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
• 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
• Pinch hot red pepper flakes
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled with tails on
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
• 1 flat anchovy fillet, chopped fine
• Heat the olive oil in a pan over moderate heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until golden. Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked. (Careful: shrimp can quickly over cook and become tasteless and rubbery. Take off heat as soon as shrimp start to pink and look a bit translucent.)
• Remove pan from heat and stir in the chopped anchovy and lemon zest.
• Serve with thin slices of French bread.