Here’s a healthy and delicious recipe for Chicken Kabobs, courtesy of our friends at Iberia Food, makers of fine extra virgin olive oil and other food products. The recipe calls for an oven, not a grill, so it’s perfect these cold winter months.
These kabobs also use fresh vegetables, such as zucchini, red pepper and tomatoes. Paired with olive oil, this is a wonderfully healthy dish that can help you get back your healthy groove after all those holiday indulgences. The dish also makes a spectacular presentation for friends or family.
Recipe courtesy Iberia Foods www.iberiafoods.com
• 2 large chicken breasts
• 3 large zucchinis cut into large rounds
• 3 red peppers
• 12 cherry tomatoes
• 2 cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 tbsp. basil
• Salt to taste
• 8 bamboo skewers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the chicken breasts in large squares and then insert in the bamboo skewers alternating the zucchinis and red pepper.
2. Using the remaining bamboo skewers, make vegetarian kabobs with the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and red pepper, adding salt and extra virgin olive oil. Place them in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Drizzle skewers with some more olive oil on them and enjoy!