If you haven’t already planned a romantic Valentine’s Day meal, how about these easy and delicious Mixed Berry Crepes from our friends as bistroMD? Filled with fresh ricotta cheese and topped juicy berries, these crepes are great for a light dinner or even breakfast in bed. And they really show your love because they’re a healthy treat.
Recipe courtesy bistroMD www.bistroMD.com
Makes 8 crepes
• 2 cups of milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp olive oil
• ½ tsp orange zest
• 1 ½ pint of strawberries
• 1 ½ pint of blueberries
• 1 ½ pint of raspberries
• 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
• 3 ½ tbsp granulated sugar
• 1 ½ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. In a blender, combine milk, eggs, flour, salt, oil and zest. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons of the granulated sugar (or to taste). In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. In a crepe pan (or flat sauté pan) over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in 1/4 cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the crepe is golden underneath. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat the process to make 8 crepes
4. Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and 1/4 cup of the berry mixture and roll into a tube. Place 2 crepes on each individual plate. Top 1/2 cup of berries and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve immediately.