The holidays, particularly when meat is the main course, can be challenging for vegetarian guests and the cooks trying to feed them. Simply giving veg guests all the side dishes won’t do. This recipe for Grilled Vegetables on Tandorri Naan Bread from executive chef Demetrios Haralambatos of Kontos Foods, makers of fine flatbread, calls for firing up the grill (you can also use a stovetop grill pan). This is a great solution, especially when your oven is already stuffed with other holiday dishes.
Your non-vegetarian guests will love this healthy and holiday festive dish. It features purple, green and red vegetables, goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil and Naan, a flatbread that’s popular in India. You can certainly make your own naan, but you can also buy readymade flatbread like the naan from Kontos Rustics Collection™ to save time and hassle.
Recipe courtesy Kontos Foods www.kontos.com
• 1 medium eggplant sliced into ¼” slices
• 1 medium zucchini sliced into ¼” slices
• ½ cup goat cheese
• 4 slices naan (they suggest Kontos’ Rustics Collection Tandoori Naan (Garlic), but you can use any readymade naan)
• 2 cups arugula
• 4 each sundried tomatoes
• Extra virgin olive oil
• 8 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Preheat your grill or grill pan.
1. Coat vegetables with the olive oil.
2. Grill eggplant and zucchini over an open fire until grill marks appear and vegetables are soft.
3. Lightly brush Tandoori Naan with olive oil and place on hot grill until grill marks lightly appear. Turn bread over and repeat procedure. Place on plate.
4. Spread softened goat cheese on naan.
5. Top with grilled slices of eggplant, zucchini and peppers.
6. Place arugula, sundried tomatoes and olives on top. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
7. Serve with assorted olives.