This recipe for Cherry Tomato and Potato salad with burrata is as pretty as it is delicious. The recipe, provided by our friend Svitlana Flom of Art de Fete, calls for adding salty Kalamata or green olives and creamy burrata cheese to a fresh cherry tomatoes and potato salad.
For those unfamiliar with barrata, it’s fresh, semi-soft Italian cheese made from cream and mozzarella. The ‘shell’ of the barrata is pure fresh mozzarella while the inside is a luscious, creamy mixture of cream and mozzarella. If you haven’t tried burrata, we encourage you to seek it out. If you absolutely cannot find burrata, you can always substitute fresh mozzarella.
- Burrata cheese
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 small purple and 2 small pink potatoes boiled, cut into thin rounds
- 12 pitted Kalamata or Green Olives, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged Balsamic vinegar
- Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a serving platter, scatter cherry tomatoes, potatoes and olives. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and Balsamic vinegar. Top the salad with Burrata cheese and sprinkle everything with Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt. Scatter some small basil leaves on top of the salad and serve.